incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Incubator podling mvn pom files...
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:45:45 GMT
On Thursday 22 February 2007 05:30, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> > 4) <url> element should be there and point to the proper homepage
>
> isn't <url> optional ?

Yes, but with a proper URL, tools can point back to the project.   Example is
the dependency report which will provide a link back to the project.   That's
a good thing.   That's why I'd like to see us use it.

Also the remote-resources can produce nice stuff in the NOTICE file.
Example:

This product includes/uses software, Neethi (http://ws.apache.org/commons/neethi/),
developed by Apache Software Foundation  (http://www.apache.org/)
License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0  (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt)

(Again, I think it should be "Apache Neethi" or "Apache Commons - Neethi" or similar)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer