incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache XAP 0.3.0
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:25:25 GMT

On Feb 12, 2007, at 9:02 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 February 2007 06:35, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/xap/trunk/codebase/src/
>> dojo/src/w
>> idget/Rounded.js is difficult. perhaps DOJO has a special license
>> but it's
>> probably best to assume that the license is LGPL and needs to be
>> added to
>> the LICENSE file.
>
> You will need to find this out. If the file is under LGPL, it can't
> sit in the
> ASF repository at all, nor has a non-optional dependency in your
> code on that
> piece.

What version of dojo are you using? 0.4 version of Rounded.js
contains the following:

/*
	Copyright (c) 2004-2006, The Dojo Foundation
	All Rights Reserved.

	Licensed under the Academic Free License version 2.1 or above OR the
	modified BSD license. For more information on Dojo licensing, see:

		http://dojotoolkit.org/community/licensing.shtml
*/

and:

/*
*	The following script is derived (with permission) from curvyCorners,
*	written by Cameron Cooke (CLA on file) and was adapted to Dojo by
Brian
*	Lucas (CLA on file)
*/

Hmm. Well, I see that there's no mention of a CLA from Tim Hutchison
(who's listed as an author in your version...)

--kevan