incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Migration, Escalation, and Graduation
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:30:02 GMT
Hi Noel,

On Feb 8, 2007, at 9:44 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Craig Russell asked:
>
> Henri gave definitions for two of the three.  Examples of
> escalation would
> be raising an issue to the Incubator PMC or the ASF Board if you are
> having problems that can't be resolved by not going that route.

What I'm referring to is the following text from the
Incubation_Policy.xml:

Assessment of
the project. The Assessment SHALL contain one of three
recommendations :
         <ul>
           <li>that the Podling be Terminated;
</li>
           <li>that the Podling continue in Incubation; or
</li>
           <li>that the Podling be escalated out of the Incubator.
</li>
         </ul>
in section
"Exiting the Incubator".

I'm proposing to remove the term "Escalation" from this and similar
sections of the policy and procedures.

Craig

> 	--- Noel

Craig Russell