incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [vote] mod_wombat ip clearance
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:15:04 GMT

On Feb 15, 2007, at 1:43 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> for IP clearance, i don't see how the IPMC is able to do anything
> other than just check the documentation: a pure paper exercise. we
> have no choice to trust that the PMC has read, understood and followed
> the instructions.
>
> whilst this remains the case, i'm not sure what would be gained by
> actively voting.
>
> if this isn't good enough then a different process is needed

Not to beat a dead horse but if this is the case, then
what "benefit" does the Incubator provide to the ASF
in this case? None. Why have the Incubator involved at
all if we basically say "Yeah, yeah, if you say so,
it's fine with us."

Either the Incubator has this responsibility, or
it doesn't... IMO, due diligence, at least to me,
implies a bit more than "well, nobody complained" :)

In any case, I vote +1 for mod_wombat clearance.

PS: Yes, my POV is opposite from the written guidelines.