incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change to Board reporting process
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:56:26 GMT
On 1/31/07, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> > For example, rather than close the cat-herding the weekend before the report
> > is due (and, factually, finishing herding tardy projects the day that the
> > report is filed), we could set a cut-off of the second Monday of each month,
> > or similarly appropriate date, and give the PMC a week to review and approve
> > the report before it is submitted to the Board.
>
> Sure - that could work - anything which enforces a review prior to it
> landing in the Board's lap is an improvement.

it would allow (not enforce) a review so it's probably a good idea

maybe a little more ceremony would be a good useful

perhaps the official report could be assemble in subversion using RTC
from submissions on the wiki (a variation of dim's suggestion)

perhaps the community should approve an initial draft with a vote 3
+1's required

i'm not sure we have any process in place for missed reports

asking for reports to be submitted in good time would allow the PMC to
ask that the mentors agree a report if the community fails to create
one in time

we should also ask for a report to be agreed by the community
immediately and definitely before the next board meeting

maybe the three month rule for regular reporting also needs to be
thought about. i'm not so worried about a project that takes a while
to bootstrap: it can take a long time to sort out legal paperwork but
maybe the regular reporting needs to continue until the project is
operating normally.

- robert