incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <>
Subject Re: PPMC docs query
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:15:03 GMT
On 1/25/07, Yoav Shapira <> wrote:
> Hola,
> I think for a while we used PPMC and (P)PMC interchange-ably.  We've
> more or less standardized on PPMC now, so the docs should probably be
> updated.

probably needs a little care since some of the older guides use PMC to
mean IPMC. i'd like each occurance of a term should link into the
roles document.

> On 1/24/07, Henri Yandell <> wrote:
> > The PPMC docs ( ) currently say:
> >
> > "Only votes cast by (P)PMC members are binding. If the vote is
> > positive, the contributor formally becomes an Apache  committer. A
> > (P)PMC member should then follow the documented procedures to complete
> > the process, but please CC both the Incubator PMC and the PPMC when
> > sending the necessary e-mails to root."
> >
> > What does (P)PMC mean? Should it be replaced with PPMC or PMC?

i suspect that i was trying to be clever (never a wise move)

should be something like 'Either an IPMC or PPMC member should then' etc

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message