incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Board response to January Report on Heraldry
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:49:38 GMT
The ASF Board, by Cliff Schmidt, wrote:

> The report on Heraldry mentions a "single large block checkin"

Two large block check-ins in January.  One for python, one for ruby.  It
seems as if most of the development is happening off-line and being
committed by proxy.  Paul Querna posted one message raising those concerns.
There were no replies, and he didn't follow up.

> "almost no activity" on the dev list

Almost none is a tad of a stretch, but certainly nothing like the level of
developer discussion that one would want to see.  And that compounds when
considered in light of the proxy commits.

> and license problems not being responded to "despite requests from the
mentors".

That happened back in October.  The last message I see on the subject was
from Ted in November, saying: "I sent a note about that to heraldry-dev and
heard crickets in response."  On the other hand, the Mentors are posting
little more than a message a month, each, so there isn't much hands-on
guidance.

Clearly there needs to be some corrective action, and more guidance on how
an ASF project is supposed to conduct itself.

	--- Noel