incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Change to Board reporting process
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:32:48 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> The only thing that slightly annoyed the Board was that *we* had to
> red-flag it - which means that the Incubator PMC is not reviewing
> the reports as a whole before it is sent to the Board.

I wonder if anyone other than me is reading everything before or even after
it is submitted.  And without the Mentors actively flagging "HOUSTON, WE
HAVE A *PROBLEM*", it is likely that people skim reports without noticing
the problem.

> One suggestion could be to have an IRC (or even via phone) meeting
> of the Incubator PMC before the Board meeting

That would almost certainly be logistically infeasible.  On a personal note,
it would likely result in my resigning as PMC Chair for the same reason that
I annually disqualify myself from running for Board election.  However, if
the goal is to prod the Incubator PMC into more closely reviewing the status
reports, we could try an alternative.

For example, rather than close the cat-herding the weekend before the report
is due (and, factually, finishing herding tardy projects the day that the
report is filed), we could set a cut-off of the second Monday of each month,
or similarly appropriate date, and give the PMC a week to review and approve
the report before it is submitted to the Board.

	--- Noel