incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Board response to January Report on Heraldry
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:22:36 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:

> > Clearly there needs to be some corrective action, and more guidance
> > on how an ASF project is supposed to conduct itself.

> That's not much of a plan, which is what the board is asking for.

Perhaps not, but it got folks talking.  :-)

> Paul and I are about at our wit's end on what to do here

> given that development is happening somewhere else, I am doubtful as
> to whether that would make any difference.   Late today a thread
> started up which clearly shows that some amount of development is
> happening elsewhere

> I would definitely  appreciate concrete suggestions of things to do.

As noted by Dims and Bill (and acknowledged by David Recordon), the
community either shapes up or we close it down.  It is either The Apache Way
or the highway, so to speak, and they need to get that message.  I'm not
averse to giving them a chance to correct things, now that the gravity of
the situation is made clear, but I'm also not at all unwilling to shut it
down if they don't make those changes promptly.

Bill, do you have some cycles to spare helping out with this project?

	--- Noel