incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] TripleSoup - a SPARQL endpoint for httpd
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:12:01 GMT
On Jan 30, 2007, at 8:05 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> If there's significant XML processing involved

there'll have to be some eventually! Can't do RDF without RDF/
XML...and can't do SPARQL without sparql result sets...

For now I guess we sort-of plan on just using redland whenever we do
XML, which uses gnome's libxml2 if I'm not mistaken, which I thought
was sort-of the standard XML toolkit for native stuff.

> might I suggest you consider using Axiom/C from Axis2/C?

What kind of processing would we consider it for? How does it relate
to libxml2?

Does it come as a seperate distribution? Where? Is it supported that
way? What about documentation? Are there existing non-WS projects
using it? Does it have backwards compatibility practices and standards?

(Yes yes, I know, ask on the right mailing list :-))

> That's the XML Infoset model we use
> and its fast and works. Plus I'm sure you can help improve it :).

I don't even really know what XML infoset is; scrolling through the
W3C docs it sounds like a document-oriented thing, which RDF isn't!

ciao!

- Leo