incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] ActiveMQ Graduation
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:46:48 GMT
On Jan 9, 2007, at 8:21 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 1/9/07, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) The Board meeting is on the 17th, so this will likely be too late
>> to add to this month's agenda.  (You can see if we're willing to hold
>> a spot open for ActiveMQ, but it's iffy if you were to submit it on
>> Tuesday.)

No worries, we can wait until the following if need be, there is no
race I know :-) If it gets in, great, if not, so be it.

>> 2) The resolution has the dreaded "PMC" virus.  Where did you get
>> this
>> template from?  It's bogus.  Please fix.  Harmony's template is here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2006/
>> board_minutes_2006_10_25.txt
>
> or:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/
> podling-tlp-resolution.txt

Please consider the proposed resolution changed to (using the podling-
tlp-resolution):

Establish the Apache ActiveMQ project

        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged
        with the creation and maintenance of open-source software
        implementing a distributed messaging system, for distribution
        at no charge to the public.

        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache ActiveMQ Project",
        Foundation; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the Apache ActiveMQ Project be and hereby is
        responsible for the creation and maintenance of open-source
        software and documentation for a distributed messaging system,
        based on software licensed to the Foundation; and be it
        further

        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, ActiveMQ" be and
        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
        the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
        Apache ActiveMQ Project, and to have primary responsibility for
        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
        of the Apache ActiveMQ Project; and be it further

        Apache ActiveMQ Project:

            * Alan Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com>
            * Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>
            * Rob Davies <rajdavies@gmail.com>
            * Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org>
            * David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
            * Brian McCallister <brianm@apach.org>
            * Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
            * Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet@worldonline.fr>
            * John Sisson <jrsisson@gmail.com>
            * Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com>
            * James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>
            * Dain Sundstrom <dain@iq80.com>

        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Brian McCallister
        be appointed to the office of Vice President, ActiveMQ, to
        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
        death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
        or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ActiveMQ Project be and hereby
        is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
        encourage open development and increased participation in the
        ActiveMQ Project; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ActiveMQ Project be and hereby
        Incubator ActiveMQ podling; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
        Incubator ActiveMQ podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
        PMC are hereafter discharged.