incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: graduation documentation [WAS Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Graduate Synapse]
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:01:13 GMT
Robert

Some initial comments.

Firstly, the documentation does not mention any vote by the project
committers. This seems to be the very first step is to get the +1 of
the podling community, especially the mentors.

I thought it was a wise idea to copy both the IPMC and the sponsoring
PMC on this vote thread to ensure there were no surprises.

I also think that the guide could add some advice on moving the
project and documentation. For example, I have just done an svn move
of the whole svn tree, and I've updated the status page. However, I
still have some further actions to do:

1) update the master incubator pages to indicate synapse has graduated
2) move the wiki pages from the incubator wiki to the ws wiki.
3) create a new webpage to replace the old synapse one saying we have moved.

Finally, there is the knotty problem of PR. We are very proud to now
be an Apache project and it would be great to let everyone know. The
guide hasn't any advice on this.

Paul

On 1/2/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/07, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > With that I would like to offer my great thanks to the Incubator PMC
> > for their hard work during the incubation of Synapse. We did three
> > releases, which all benefitted from the usual thorough examination of
> > the Incubator PMC (especially a few individuals who are well known for
> > their thorough reviews). We have learnt a lot throughout the
> > incubation period and thank you for your efforts.
>
> and thanks to the synapse community for all their hard work
>
> if the mentors could find the time, feedback on
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation would be appreciated. it
> needs some more work but it'd be useful to know how close it is and
> what improvements are required.
>
> - robert

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle