incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:35:13 GMT
Hi Daniel,

thanks for your vote, see inline

On 1/15/07, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:

> -1 (non-binding)
>
> Issues:
> 1) We shouldnt' be voting on SNAPSHOT's.   We need to be voting on the final
> artifacts that will be put in the non-snapshot repository.

is that new ? My understanding is that a vote is held on a snapshot
and when it passes it will be deployed as non-snapshot to a non-snap
repo

> 2) The -sources jars do not have the proper NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and LICENSE
> files in them.

old source jars, changed

> 3) Nothing is signed.

.asc files now available

> 4) All the sources in the sources jar are using the old style Apache header
> with copyright date and no mention of the NOTICE file.   See:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq

changed the headers

> 5) I think not having a version number in there may cause long term issues.
> (Maven expert want to jump in here?)   I usually expect the version to be of
> the form:
> #.#[.#]-qualifier
> with the qualifier in your case being incubator-m1.

I think that has already been discussed, that a incubator-m1 is ok

I think that we should use a *real* qualifier like 1.0.0, after a
project is out of incubation.

I hope I satisfied your concerns.
thanks for pointing that out!

-M

> Dan
>

> On Monday 15 January 2007 16:24, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
> > plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
> > build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
> > guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to
> > release those maven plugins.
> >
> > The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
> > (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
> >
> > The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
> > the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
> >
> > The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
> > m2 repo (see [4]).
> >

> > Thanks
> > Matthias
> >

> > [1]