incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] TripleSoup - a SPARQL endpoint for httpd
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:36:45 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> This is a proposal to start a rdf database server project at apache.
>
> Interesting.

Yes I like the idea.

+1

>> What do you think?
>
> Seems as if there are sufficient interests to start it.  Will it do anything
> with either Derby, ApacheDS or JackRabbit, in terms of potential
> collaboration?

Sounds like it's all C - an Apache Httpd module so it can't easily
utilize these servers meant for embedding.  Perhaps it could use
Berkeley DB underneath for an optimized RDF tuple store but there might
be licensing issues with that tho.  I'm gathering this from the issues
we've had with using Berkeley JE.

Regards,
Alex