incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WSRP4j Was: [VOTE] Retire AltRMI
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:33:33 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Yoav Shapira <yoavs@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> +1  Would be happy if people would help select some other candidates.
>
>> As for suggesting other retirement candidates, I'll take a look.
>> How's WSRP4J going?
>
> It has had commits recently - but only the one committer by the look
> of it. It hasn't ticked off the two distribution rights bullets on the
> status page, but isn't distributing yet. The last board report was
> last September:
>
> - WSRP4J still is quiescent. Maybe the remaining IP
>   issues in Oasis. Not sure. Community wise it looks
>   like global interest on it is decaying.

There's currently only one committer working on wsrp4j with the help
from one or two users. Most of the original people have left (if they
have been there) the project. On the other hand, it's the only wsrp
implementation and there are people out there using it.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/