incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: graduation documentation [WAS Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Graduate Synapse]
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 03:10:41 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> if the mentors could find the time, feedback on
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation would be appreciated. it
> needs some more work but it'd be useful to know how close it is and
> what improvements are required.

Somewhere it would help to link it to
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator

Otherwise, guides/graduation and Incubation_Policy.html could get out of
sync, which would become truly confusing. Also, I wonder if all
non-native English speakers on this mail list understand what is meant
by "normative" in this introductory paragraph:

"This document is descriptive, not normative. It discusses and describes
the process of graduate and offers some views about how to approach it."

Perhaps maybe something like this might help (and also work in a link to
the policy doc)?

"This document helps podlings understand the process of graduation and
offers some views about how to approach it. It also links to (and
sometimes comments on) the Incubator exit policies [link to
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator]."

If you think this would be helpful, I'll start putting some linkages in
place. :-) I do think it's important that the guide link to the policy.

 -jean