incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retiring a project [Was: Retiring Agila?]
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:24:07 GMT
On 1/3/07, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/07, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> > lucene4c-commits does still exist, as do the rest of the lists for
> > lucene4c, for that matter.  I'd like to get rid of them though, so a
> > consensus on where commits for those areas in svn should go would be
> > nice to have.
>
> cvs@incubator.apache.org?  (That'd probably be where it'd end up
> anyway if you remove the rule for lucene4c-commits in the mailer
> config...)  -- justin

It's handled by a glob, so we actually have to add rules for deceased projects.

Having slept on it, I favour:

* Remove entries from asf-authorization. Making it PMC rw and forcing
the PMC to be aware when a community starts again.
* Adding rules to asf-mailer to send the email to cvs@ - noisy in that
file over time, but easy to overturn.

Any opposed?

Hen