incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany SCA Java M2 release
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:18:24 GMT
On 12/13/06, Simon Nash <nash@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
> A vote has recently completed on the tuscany-dev list to release
> Tuscany SCA Java M2.  The vote passed with binding +1s from rfeng,
> jmarino, rineholt, svkrish, isilval, antelder, dims, and jboynes,
> and a non-binding +1 from Simon Nash.  The vote thread is here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200612.mbox/%3c6D56D06D-50ED-44AF-8E14-8F6AE98CEE81@apache.org%3e
>
> Could IPMC members please take a look at this release proposal.
> We need two more +1s from IPMC members in addition to the +1 we
> have already received from Dims.

+1

- notes and comments (not requirements) -

unclear to me which tag this release was cut from

the first line in NOTICE.txt in
tuscany-spec-sac-r0.95-incubator-M2-javadocs.zip is ${pom.name}

the compressed archives unpacked directly into the base directory.
many users find this inconvenient. it's usually better to unpack each
to a different sub directory or unpack all into the same subdirectory
(the overlay approach).

i couldn't see any obvious release notes. release notes are important
guerilla advertising for open source projects. the same content can be
used on the download page, grassroots media (freshmeat.org, for
example), in announcements and (of course) in plain text in the root
directory of the release.

- robert