incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:40:44 GMT
On 12/12/06, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
> The asc and KEYS files are available on the page now.
>
> Please start reviewing our release again. The URL stays the same:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rickhall/felix-0.8.0-incubator.html

+1

-- minor (fix in HEAD) --

a number of package.html's are IMHO creative enough to be
copyrightable. i think that they should have copyright headers.

- notes and comments (not requirements) -

the public key does not seems to be available from the major
keysigning networks (see
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html if you haven't uploaded
it yet)

good practice to produce both tar.gz and zip compressed artifacts.
yes, i know that most major platforms can easily open either format
but users associated tar.gz with *nix and zip with m$. producing both
formats is good psychology.

MANIFEST.MF lacks some of the attributes recommended by Sun
(Extension-Name,	Specification-Title, Specification-Vendor,
Specification-Version, Implementation-Vendor-Id, Implementation-Title,
Implementation-Vendor, Implementation-Version)

release notes are an important form of guerilla advertising. the same
content can be used in several different places: on the download page,
on announcements, on grassroots media (eg freshmeat) and as plain text
in the release. consider adding some next time.

- robert