incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Incubator CXF 2.0-M1 Release (RC 3)
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:12:34 GMT
> The Apache CXF team has cut another candidate release which fixes the
> previous branding issues. As no one else seems to have found any other
> issues, we've cut a new build and published it here:
>
> Binaries and Source Distributions:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1-v2/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
> Maven Repository:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1-v2/repository/org/apache/cxf/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/apache/cxf>
> Release notes: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache+CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes
>

> (NOTE: we just started labelling the different releases as v1/v2/etc. While
> this is our 3rd attempt, the above says v2 as we just started counting in
> the directory name...)
>
> We ask that you please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Incubator CXF 2.0-M1

+0 (hopefully soon to be +1 once the question below is resolved

- questions -

http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1-v2/repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-api/2.0-incubator-M1/cxf-api-2.0-incubator-M1-javadoc.jar
is missing license, disclaimer and notice files. it cannot therefore
be distributed. planning to distribute this jar from a repository? (if
yes then IMHO the release needs recutting, if no it's fine)

- notes, comments and suggestions (not requirements) -

MANIFEST's are a little empty. sun recommends quite a list in one
place or another (Extension-Name, Specification-Title,
Specification-Vendor, Specification-Version, Implementation-Vendor-Id,
Implementation-Title, Implementation-Vendor, Implementation-Version).
AIUI maven will generate these if asked.

once cxf graduates, remember that all artifacts need to be prefixed with apache

the source contains some xml specifications that are licensed under
non-open source licenses (copy and distribution only). it is proposed
(http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html) that this is against policy.
there is still time to join in the discussions (on legal-discuss)
before this policy is adopted.

perhaps add link to issue tracking system to the README get started section

- robert