incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubate new podling, "River" (nee Braintree, nee..., nee Jini)
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:55:17 GMT
Hi,

> >> On Thursday 21 December 2006 11:46, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >>  [x] +1 Accept River as a new podling as described below
> >>  [ ] -1 Do not accept the new podling (provide reason, please)

+0 on the River proposal.

On 12/21/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I've always hoped that someone would wish to call
> an ASF project "Fog"

I liked Braintree way better than River ;)  Too bad, but I'll live.

As to Fog: Apache Nebbia (fog in Italian) is a pretty cool name!
There's a saying in Italian that Stefano, Gianugo, Ugo, David W, or
others hanging out on this list might appreciate (and that I'm
probably mispelling):

Al inizio, Dio creo la Padana (in the beginning, God created la
Padana, the region in northern Italy)
Poi ci ripenso, e creo la nebbia (and then He thought better of it,
and created the fog)

Yoav