incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release voting
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:34:23 GMT
Hi,

On 12/20/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 18:04, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > On Dec 19, 2006, at 8:02 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> > > That's how it works.
>
> > No, that's not how it works.
>
> Isn't it a bit scary that two of the most respected members of ASF don't agree
> on how ASF operates "when push come to shove" ?

To me this debate is the opposite of scary: it's good.  I like this
discussion for two reasons.  Firstis that it's well thought-out, it's
clear both these guys are well-informed and well-intentioned, which
makes for an educational debate for all the readers.  Second is that
it shows our organization is robust enough to thrive in the
flexibility we gave such an important role as VP/PMC Chair.

Yoav