incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Dormant/retired codebases
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2006 18:20:22 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Given the peculiar nature of log4php, I think there's a rather odd
> > notion available of considering it to retire from incubation into the
> > logging project as a retired subproject. Close down the lists, and
> > keep the svn as it is in logging/.

> Given that no one has said anything about this project either in
> incubator land or in logging service land, I'm leaning towards the
> above at the moment.

Actually ... what if we were to establish an area under incubator/, which we
need anyway for podlings that get retired, and allow whichever PMCs are
currently responsible for them to move all retired codebases to there?  If
people come along in the future and want to revive them, this is the right
place to rebuild community.  And having it here rather than, for example,
some "museum.apache.org" location provides a tacit statement that it is
available for rebirth if such a community were to come along.

	--- Noel