incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:57:07 GMT
On 10 Dec 06, at 6:40 PM 10 Dec 06, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2006, at 5:47 AM, Karl Pauls wrote:
>
>> We ask that you please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the Felix 0.8.0-incubator release.
>
> BTW, this Veto thing is wrong.  I've been meaning to mention it
> since several podlings have used this template.  It is not possible
> to veto a release -- all releases are majority votes.  +1 just means
> yes and -1 means no.

Really?

I thought that would be considered a technical thing? If you know a
release is getting pushed out when it shouldn't because it's
premature that on technical grounds you could say that it doesn't
meet the requirements of a beta say? Or that it has know flaws and
shouldn't be released?

I honestly thought it was a technical type decision.

Jason.