incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject TLP Resolution Template
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:41:19 GMT

On Dec 7, 2006, at 12:46 AM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>> There was a question raised by Greg Stein about a better template for
>> board resolution, but since no alternative template has been made
>> available, we are sticking with what we have.
>
> I suggest you change all "Apache Cayenne PMC" references to "Apache
> Cayenne Project" in that resolution (and maybe it will help the next
> podling).

Well, I didn't want to make a change during the vote as this is not
as simple as search and replace. It looks like this is something that
will require more consideration going forward.

In fact the way it is worded, most references to the PMC are correct.
E.g. "members of the PMC" or "Apache Cayenne PMC [..] is tasked with
the migration [...] of the incubating Apache Cayenne project".
Actually I think the only place where the change might make sense is
in the second paragraph that now states something like:

"NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Cayenne PMC", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation".

But even here, instead of replacing PMC with Project, I think we
simply need to add a sentence about establishing a project (as PMC
also has be established).

Comments?

Andrus