incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 03:16:13 GMT
On Dec 10, 2006, at 5:11 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 10 Dec 06, at 8:02 PM 10 Dec 06, Martin Cooper wrote:

>>> possible
>>> means
>>> >

>>> Really?
>>>
>>> I thought that would be considered a technical thing? If you know a
>>> release is getting pushed out when it shouldn't because it's
>>> premature that on technical grounds you could say that it doesn't
>>> meet the requirements of a beta say? Or that it has know flaws and
>>> shouldn't be released?
>>

>> See the section on "Votes on Package Releases" here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

My understanding is that a legal issue is sufficient to veto a
release. So if an issue is raised, e.g. missing NOTICE or wrong
copyright in the LICENSE, that should be a veto. But I agree that the
fact that there is a legal issue raised is sufficient for the
proposer to withdraw the proposal and try again.

On the other hand, objecting to the contents of a release (missing
feature, badly implemented feature) can result in a -1 without a veto.

Craig