incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Incubating Release
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:10:52 GMT
On 01/12/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>

> > What Jim pointed out was docs/release_notes.txt -- it should probably
> > include the incubator disclaimer.
> >

> Yes. There is nothing in that file to indicate incubation.
> It's an important doc, so the fact of incubation
> should be clear.

>From (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html):
Disclaimers
Podling web sites MUST include a clear disclaimer on their website and
in all documentation (including releases) stating that they are in
incubation. Podlings SHOULD use the following text for all
disclaimers:
---

So are we saying that having a DISCLAIMER file and the disclaimer in
the README at the top level is not "clear" enough or does "all
documentation" need to have the disclaimer as in all documentation
files?

Would be good to clear this up and update the Disclaimer section to
say exactly where the specified disclaimer text should be put.

Cheers
--
Martin Ritchie