incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 0.90
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:33:24 GMT
Thanks for the links

Having read the chain, I can see that putting incubating in the
version helps maintain continuity as we graduate. But in our case it
breaks continuity with our previous releases and format.

Given that we meet the requirements of the incubator (having the
artefacts clearly marked as incubating, we will stick with our
existing naming scheme this release.

Paul

On 12/11/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:

> On Monday 11 December 2006 03:43, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Dan
> >
> > Thanks for noting the lack of an incubator disclaimer in the META-INF.
> > I hadn't seen this requirement in the docs, but it makes sense to me.
> >
> > As for the naming convention, we used the current convention in our
> > previous release and I'd rather leave it alone if its just a
> > preference. For my own interest, can you point me at the docs where it
> > suggests putting the incubating into the version number?
>
> There was a thread on this list last month:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200611.mbox/<918312fe0611111228m76325eeav1359925864bb7dd7%40mail.gmail.com>
>
> Dan
>

> > Paul
> >
> > On 12/11/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> > > I have two notes, both maven related:
> > >
> > > 1) The synapse jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in the META-INF.
> > > The release distribution you uploaded is fine (disclaimer is in the
> > > root), but you wouldn't be able to put the jars in the maven repository
> > > like that.
> > >
> > > 2) The "preferred/suggested" Maven settings for incubator jars is to put
> > > the "incubator" into the version, not the artifact ID.   Thus, the jar
> > > name would be:
> > > synapse-core-0.90-incubating-RC1.jar
> > >

> > > I don't think either issue would warrant a -1 on the release, but it
> > > would prevent uploads to the maven repository which could cause issues
> > > with other projects trying to depend on it.  I'm +0 (non-binding anyway)
> > > because as a maven user, I'd like to see those issues fixed.
> > >
> > > Dan

> > > --
> > > J. Daniel Kulp
> > > Principal Engineer