incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 0.90
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:43:32 GMT
Dan

Thanks for noting the lack of an incubator disclaimer in the META-INF.
I hadn't seen this requirement in the docs, but it makes sense to me.

As for the naming convention, we used the current convention in our
previous release and I'd rather leave it alone if its just a
preference. For my own interest, can you point me at the docs where it
suggests putting the incubating into the version number?

Paul

On 12/11/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:

> I have two notes, both maven related:
>
> 1) The synapse jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in the META-INF.
> The release distribution you uploaded is fine (disclaimer is in the root), but
> you wouldn't be able to put the jars in the maven repository like that.
>
> 2) The "preferred/suggested" Maven settings for incubator jars is to put
> the "incubator" into the version, not the artifact ID.   Thus, the jar name
> would be:
> synapse-core-0.90-incubating-RC1.jar
>

> I don't think either issue would warrant a -1 on the release, but it would
> prevent uploads to the maven repository which could cause issues with other
> projects trying to depend on it.  I'm +0 (non-binding anyway) because as a
> maven user, I'd like to see those issues fixed.
>
> Dan
>

> On Sunday 10 December 2006 14:50, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > The Synapse team has voted to release 0.90 of the codebase.
> >
> > The vote thread starts here:
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-synapse-dev/200612.mbox/%3c88f5
> >d710612070545i22c458c9n9209903f737662d3@mail.gmail.com%3e
> >
> > To summarize the vote there were 11 +1s of which 9 were binding:
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Deepal Jayasinghe
> > Rajith Attapattu
> > Asankha Perera
> > Tijs Rademakers
> > Ant Elder
> > Ruwan Linton
> > Saminda Aberuwan
> > Davanum Srinivas
> > Jaliya Ekanayake
> > Glen Daniels
> >
> > The code is here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/0.90-RC1/
> >
> > and has been tagged here:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/synapse/tags/0.90RC1
> >
> > In addition, the Synapse team are planning to ask for graduation
> > following a successful release.
> >
> > We ask that you vote accordingly
> > [ ] +1 Release Apache Synapse 0.90
> > [ ] -1 Do not release (with comments)