incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Incubating Release
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:09:57 GMT
Dan

The advice that Geir gave Qpid around the javax.* APIs is that you
need a clear statement that this is early release software that does
not implement those APIs. You might want to look at the Qpid
documentation to see what they say about JMS. The Sun licenses are
generally very restrictive about what they call the Java Platform API
(java.*, javax.*) and you are not allowed to release software that
implements these interfaces, without passing the TCK.

Hope that helps!

Paul

> We use the one published by Sun under the CDDL I believe.
>
> - Dan
>
> On 12/10/06, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > So you don't currently include any of the JAXWS API JARs?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 12/10/06, Dan Diephouse <dan@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
> > > I believe if you look closer, you'll find that under the "goals"
> > section. In
> > > the introduction we even talk about it like "Apache Incubator CXF will
> > also
> > > support several models like JAX-WS." We aren't claiming anywhere that I
> > can
> > > see that we've implemented JAX-WS. Just saying that we'd like to do so
> > in
> > > very clear terms.
> > >
> > > - Dan

> > the

> > > --
> > > Dan Diephouse
> > > Envoi Solutions
> > > http://envoisolutions.com | http://netzooid.com/blog
> > >

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

> --
> Dan Diephouse