incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Incubator CXF 2.0-M1 Release (RC 3)
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:36:13 GMT
Hi Robert,

- questions -

> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1-v2/repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-api/2.0-incubator-M1/cxf-api-2.0-incubator-M1-javadoc.jar
> is missing license, disclaimer and notice files. it cannot therefore
> be distributed. planning to distribute this jar from a repository? (if
> yes then IMHO the release needs recutting, if no it's fine)

I could be wrong here, but after a quick investigation, it appears we hit a
limitation/bug of Maven's javadoc plugin. All the others turned out fine,
but for API we tweaked some of the javadoc parameters it looks like, so
maybe this affected things.

As opposed to cutting a new release completely, can we choose one/any of the
follow options and get your +1?
1. Not distribute the javadoc jar
2. Recut just that jar after figuring out how to make Maven comply to our
wishes
3. Update the JAR by hand to include the appropate licenses

- notes, comments and suggestions (not requirements) -

> MANIFEST's are a little empty. sun recommends quite a list in one
> place or another (Extension-Name, Specification-Title,
> Specification-Vendor, Specification-Version, Implementation-Vendor-Id,
> Implementation-Title, Implementation-Vendor, Implementation-Version).
> AIUI maven will generate these if asked.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-298

once cxf graduates, remember that all artifacts need to be prefixed with
> apache

As in apache-cxf-api-2.0.jar?

the source contains some xml specifications that are licensed under
> non-open source licenses (copy and distribution only). it is proposed
> (http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html) that this is against policy.
> there is still time to join in the discussions (on legal-discuss)
> before this policy is adopted.

OK, we've already brought up these licenses on the legal list, but haven't
heard anything back yet.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse