incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Competing projects was Re: [VOTE] Incubate new podling, "River" (nee Braintree, nee..., nee Jini)
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:16:06 GMT
On 12/23/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I really fail to see how all that is such a big deal.
> We're talking an additional 2 sentences....

I think it's a concern because the precedent puts the podling on the
defensive and in the mind set of "oh, if there's a competing project,
we won't accept you."  The fact that there's a project already here
that 'competes' is irrelevant to us and I don't want to confuse the
podlings into thinking that's a criteria when it's certainly not.  --
justin