incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Competing projects was Re: [VOTE] Incubate new podling, "River" (nee Braintree, nee..., nee Jini)
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:18:44 GMT
On 12/22/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> A simple one-liner similar to Geir's "No other ASF project
> or podling in the architecture space is based on Jini"
> is enough I think...

This is getting off-topic, but really why do we care?

We have lots of competing proposals and projects all across the ASF.
And, many of them don't communicate for extremely petty and personal
reasons; some don't communicate because they disagree on the technical
direction.

If there's a community around *this* proposal, that's all that I care
about.  -- justin