incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany SCA Java M2 release
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:47:27 GMT
Robert,
Thanks (as always) for the careful review.  See comments inline below.

   Simon

robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 12/13/06, Simon Nash <nash@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> A vote has recently completed on the tuscany-dev list to release
>> Tuscany SCA Java M2.  The vote passed with binding +1s from rfeng,
>> jmarino, rineholt, svkrish, isilval, antelder, dims, and jboynes,
>> and a non-binding +1 from Simon Nash.  The vote thread is here:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200612.mbox/%3c6D56D06D-50ED-44AF-8E14-8F6AE98CEE81@apache.org%3e

>> Could IPMC members please take a look at this release proposal.
>> We need two more +1s from IPMC members in addition to the +1 we
>> have already received from Dims.
>

> +1
>
> - notes and comments (not requirements) -
>
> unclear to me which tag this release was cut from

The SCA implementation files are tagged at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.0-incubator-M2/

The SCA samples are tagged at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca-samples/1.0-incubator-M2/

The SCA specification APIs are tagged at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/spec/sca/1.0-incubator-M2/

The commonj specification APIs are tagged at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/spec/commonj/1.0-incubator-M2/

> the first line in NOTICE.txt in
> tuscany-spec-sac-r0.95-incubator-M2-javadocs.zip is ${pom.name}

The same problem occurs in tuscany-spec-commonj-1.1-incubator-M2-src.zip
I have opened a JIRA (TUSCANY-997) to correct this in future releases.

> the compressed archives unpacked directly into the base directory.
> many users find this inconvenient. it's usually better to unpack each
> to a different sub directory or unpack all into the same subdirectory
> (the overlay approach).

I have opened a JIRA (TUSCANY-998) to address this for future releases.

> i couldn't see any obvious release notes. release notes are important
> guerilla advertising for open source projects. the same content can be
> used on the download page, grassroots media (freshmeat.org, for
> example), in announcements and (of course) in plain text in the root
> directory of the release.

This information does exist but appears to be misplaced.  There is a
readme.html file in the samples distribution with information on what is
in this release and what has changed since the previous milestone release.
I have opened a JIRA (TUSCANY-999) to address the placement of this
information for future releases.