incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany SCA Java M2 release
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:47:27 GMT
Thanks (as always) for the careful review.  See comments inline below.

robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 12/13/06, Simon Nash <> wrote:
>> A vote has recently completed on the tuscany-dev list to release
>> Tuscany SCA Java M2.  The vote passed with binding +1s from rfeng,
>> jmarino, rineholt, svkrish, isilval, antelder, dims, and jboynes,
>> and a non-binding +1 from Simon Nash.  The vote thread is here:

>> Could IPMC members please take a look at this release proposal.
>> We need two more +1s from IPMC members in addition to the +1 we
>> have already received from Dims.
> +1
> - notes and comments (not requirements) -
> unclear to me which tag this release was cut from
The SCA implementation files are tagged at

The SCA samples are tagged at

The SCA specification APIs are tagged at

The commonj specification APIs are tagged at

> the first line in NOTICE.txt in
> is ${}
The same problem occurs in
I have opened a JIRA (TUSCANY-997) to correct this in future releases.

> the compressed archives unpacked directly into the base directory.
> many users find this inconvenient. it's usually better to unpack each
> to a different sub directory or unpack all into the same subdirectory
> (the overlay approach).
I have opened a JIRA (TUSCANY-998) to address this for future releases.

> i couldn't see any obvious release notes. release notes are important
> guerilla advertising for open source projects. the same content can be
> used on the download page, grassroots media (, for
> example), in announcements and (of course) in plain text in the root
> directory of the release.
This information does exist but appears to be misplaced.  There is a
readme.html file in the samples distribution with information on what is
in this release and what has changed since the previous milestone release.
I have opened a JIRA (TUSCANY-999) to address the placement of this
information for future releases.