incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:04:05 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> I'm not going to vote (would be non-binding anyway), but some issues I see:
>
> 1) The felix.jar itself does not have the DISCLAIMER in it.   I think that's
> fine as long as you don't plan on putting it in any maven repository.   That
> said, being a maven user, I'd like to see it fixed so it COULD be deployed
> there.

Yes, we can include that.

> 2) The LICENSE and NOTICE files in the felix jar are right in the root of the
> jar.   I think we've been recommending they go into the META-INF dir.

We can place these where ever people suggest is best.

> 3) None of the three jars in bundle directory have the license,notice, or
> disclaimer files.

D'oh! The LICENSE and NOTICE files are in the src/main/resources/
directories for each of these bundles, but for some reason they are not
getting copied into the resulting JAR files. I would imagine that we
recently introduced a bug into our Maven bundle plugin (it was updated
this last week) that is somehow interfering in this process. Sorry about
that. I will look into the cause of this.

> 4) I don't see and asc files on the web page.   The release needs to be signed
> and KEYS made available.

Yes, we were aware of this step, but we not clear on how to proceed with
it. Perhaps Karl Pauls has a few more comments on that topic.

Thanks for the feedback.

-> richard