incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Competing projects was Re: [VOTE] Incubate new podling, "River" (nee Braintree, nee..., nee Jini)
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 02:57:17 GMT
On Tuesday 26 December 2006 14:24, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> People can truly dislike others in the same
> project, and yet collaborate towards a common goal.

If we take another heated example, Avalon, which was heavily criticized for
its unhealthy community; IMHO, it was the "different 'common' goals" that
created the flamefest and the so called personal conflicts and dislikes.

Overlapping in Scope is IMHO not enough reason to disallow a new community.
That would be like IETF saying, "Hey, we don't want IMAP. Go to the POP guys
and work it out with them."

We should allow different approaches to the same problem domain, and as you
say "Let the Code Speak for itself."

Cheers
Niclas