incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:00:48 GMT
On Monday 11 December 2006 11:16, Craig L Russell wrote:

> My understanding is that a legal issue is sufficient to veto a
> release. So if an issue is raised, e.g. missing NOTICE or wrong
> copyright in the LICENSE, that should be a veto. But I agree that the
> fact that there is a legal issue raised is sufficient for the
> proposer to withdraw the proposal and try again.
>
> On the other hand, objecting to the contents of a release (missing
> feature, badly implemented feature) can result in a -1 without a veto.

Sounds very reasonable to me. However, if there is a disagreement of what
constitutes a legal flaw, then there is something much more serious going on
in the community. I.e. if person A doesn't manage to stop pmc B from a
release, then A should probably consult the legal-discuss@ and/or board@.
After all, it *could* be that B doesn't understand the legal requirements,
but worse if it is done on purpose to hurt the ASF...

Cheers
Niclas