incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:28:15 GMT
On Monday 11 December 2006 10:57, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> As a follow up, we resolved every issue raised by Daniel except the
> signing portion. A new snapshot of the release is available at:
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~rickhall/felix-0.8.0-incubator.html
>
> I was able to fix one minor bug in our maven bundle plugin that was
> causing LICENSE/NOTICE files to not get copied.

Not quite there yet.   The incubator DISCLAIMER file is still missing from the
jars.   That would prevent them going into maven repositories.

For the signing part, you really need gnupg installed.    Create a key if you
don't already have one. (I think it's "gpg --gen-key", but it's been a while
since I looked into that part)   Then you just need to run "gpg -a -s
filename.tar.gz" to produce the asc files.

You would also need to do:
gpg --list-keys  "username" > KEYS
gpg -a --export "username" >> KEYS

and get that KEYS file added into the root of your SVN repository.   Ideally,
you would also upload it to one of the public keyservers as well.   Longer
term, you should also attend an apache keysigning party or similar to get
your keys signed by enough "apache people" so that apache people can trust
that those keys really are yours.

Dan

> Hopefully the majority vote can continue...
>
> -> richard
>
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > I'm not going to vote (would be non-binding anyway), but some issues I
> > see:
> >
> > 1) The felix.jar itself does not have the DISCLAIMER in it.   I think
> > that's fine as long as you don't plan on putting it in any maven
> > repository.   That said, being a maven user, I'd like to see it fixed so
> > it COULD be deployed there.
> >
> > 2) The LICENSE and NOTICE files in the felix jar are right in the root of
> > the jar.   I think we've been recommending they go into the META-INF dir.
> >
> > 3) None of the three jars in bundle directory have the license,notice, or
> > disclaimer files.
> >
> > 4) I don't see and asc files on the web page.   The release needs to be
> > signed and KEYS made available.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On Sunday 10 December 2006 08:47, Karl Pauls wrote:
> >> The Felix PPMC has voted on an incubator release and we would like to
> >> call an Incubator PMC vote to get final approval.
> >>
> >> We hope that this release represents the final step for Felix'
> >> graduation, but wish to pursue this official incubator release since we
> >> do not know how long graduation will take and feel it is important to
> >> make a public release available. We hope to request graduation once this
> >> incubator release is approved.
> >>
> >> The candidate incubator release can be found here:
> >>
> >>    http://people.apache.org/~rickhall/felix-0.8.0-incubator.html
> >>
> >> We ask that you please vote to approve this release:
> >>
> >> [ ] +1 Approve the Felix 0.8.0-incubator release.
> >> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your effort in examining the release.
> >>
> >> - The Felix Team

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA