incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 0.90
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 03:54:54 GMT

I have two notes, both maven related:

1) The synapse jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in the META-INF.
The release distribution you uploaded is fine (disclaimer is in the root), but
you wouldn't be able to put the jars in the maven repository like that.

2) The "preferred/suggested" Maven settings for incubator jars is to put
the "incubator" into the version, not the artifact ID.   Thus, the jar name
would be:
synapse-core-0.90-incubating-RC1.jar

I don't think either issue would warrant a -1 on the release, but it would
prevent uploads to the maven repository which could cause issues with other
projects trying to depend on it.  I'm +0 (non-binding anyway) because as a
maven user, I'd like to see those issues fixed.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer