incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:39:18 GMT

I'm not going to vote (would be non-binding anyway), but some issues I see:

1) The felix.jar itself does not have the DISCLAIMER in it.   I think that's
fine as long as you don't plan on putting it in any maven repository.   That
said, being a maven user, I'd like to see it fixed so it COULD be deployed
there.

2) The LICENSE and NOTICE files in the felix jar are right in the root of the
jar.   I think we've been recommending they go into the META-INF dir.

3) None of the three jars in bundle directory have the license,notice, or
disclaimer files.

4) I don't see and asc files on the web page.   The release needs to be signed
and KEYS made available.

Dan

On Sunday 10 December 2006 08:47, Karl Pauls wrote:
> The Felix PPMC has voted on an incubator release and we would like to
> call an Incubator PMC vote to get final approval.
>
> We hope that this release represents the final step for Felix'
> graduation, but wish to pursue this official incubator release since we
> do not know how long graduation will take and feel it is important to
> make a public release available. We hope to request graduation once this
> incubator release is approved.
>
> The candidate incubator release can be found here:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~rickhall/felix-0.8.0-incubator.html
>
> We ask that you please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the Felix 0.8.0-incubator release.
>
> Thanks in advance for your effort in examining the release.
>
> - The Felix Team

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA