incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Incubator CXF 2.0-M1 Release (RC 3)
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:12:54 GMT
On Thursday 07 December 2006 17:59, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 12/7/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 December 2006 17:12, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1-v2/repository/org/a
> > >pach e/cxf/cxf-api/2.0-incubator-M1/cxf-api-2.0-incubator-M1-javadoc.jar
> > > is missing license, disclaimer and notice files. it cannot therefore be
> > > distributed. planning to distribute this jar from a repository? (if yes
> > > then IMHO the release needs recutting, if no it's fine)
> >
> > This is a bug/restriction in Maven.   The javadoc jars that Maven
> > produces doesn't have a way to put those files in them.   There is a fix
> > pending to the javadoc plugin to fix that, but that's been held up by the
> > maven team while they figure out a lot of other release issues.   Note
> > that NONE of the javadoc jars in
> > /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository have those.
>
> i don't check the jars in there, just in here :-)

Well.   All of the stuff in there SHOULD have appeared here first.   That is
THE distribution site for incubating maven artifacts.   Thus, the incubating
projects should have voted on them here first.  Thus, you should have seen
them.  (providing one of them popped into your "random selection of jars".
Guess one didn't.  We're the (un)lucky ones.)

Again, thanks for taking the time.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer