incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Deploying Incubator Maven Artifacts [was Re: [VOTE] Apache Incubator CXF 2.0-M1 Release (RC 3)]
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:39:08 GMT
On Dec 7, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> On 12/7/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
>
>> I would say for now we just remove that jar if it's needed.
>> However, how
>> did
>> the servicemix and other projects votes pass if it's a
>> requirement?  Is
>> this
>> another "new requirement in the middle of a vote" thing?
>>

> *wonders the same thing*
>
> Additionally, I just realized there are some projects too that have
> been
> publishing Maven builds that haven't been approved. Most recently
> Abdera did
> this [1][2]. They voted for the release of their binaries, but not
> their
> maven artifacts which they created/deployed post vote as I
> understand it
> (sorry to cause trouble Abdera folks, I was the one pushing for
> those builds
> too!).

FYI, traditionally, all release votes are for the source code package
and
only that package.  Once the source code version is set in stone,
binaries
and assorted other release artifacts can be generated by individual
committers without a vote if the group trusts them to do so and they
have a signed key.  Some groups might require a vote on binaries as
well,
but the ASF only requires a vote on the source.

....Roy