incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:01:53 GMT
> I've taken immediate action to remove these files from SVN.

thanks :-)

> I'm curious to
> know if any other Apache projects depend on this wsi-swa.xsd file as I don't
> think its possible to use the JAXB 2.0 soap with attachments support without
> referencing this file. I know the JAXWS-RI itself redistributes it, which
> may have thrown us off.

yeh - that's understandable

far too often, web standards are a real PITA legally speaking

> Are there any WS-I experts around that can shed light on this?

or (alternatively) ws standards process experts

dims? sanjiva?

> It is hard to
> conform to the basic profile if you can't use their schemas in
> projects/products - which kind of defeats the point.

+1

this point needs to make frequently and strongly to standards
organisations. it may be worth trying to open a dialog (again?)

may need to do a clean room implementation (if that's allowed by the
specification)

> I will start a thread sometime soon on legal-discuss on how to best deal
> with this.

+1

- robert