incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE WITHDRAWN] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:28:52 GMT
> Sorry, I just don't like that changes to the bits based on an
> internal review should change the name of the release.

(there are several reasons why some projects choose to do this but
here's one of mine)

very occasionally such jars escape into the wild and begin to live a
life of their own. sometime very active lives. under these
circumstances it's not uncommon for them to cause lots trouble later.
unique names restrict the damage done.

an academic point in this case, i agree. not trying to persuade
anyone, just offering some background.

- robert