incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Notification of a(nother) release vote for Tuscany
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:14:16 GMT
On 11/22/06, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Jeremy, this is my understanding as well...
> If we get the three IPMC +1 votes on Tuscany devlist, we could do something
> simmilar to this thread :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40incubator.apache.org/msg11681.html

this example may be misleading

that's for the acceptance of a new podling. the process for this case
is lazy consensus. no IPMC vote is required at all. if any IPMC
objects then they need to -1 and force a vote on the issue.

release votes *always* require active approval which is why 3 IPMC
votes are required

note that there is a very vocal and quite sizable group of IPMCers who
object to IPMC releases votes being held on podling lists

FWIW i don't understand why given a quorum of three IPMCers in favour
of a release there should be any problem passing a vote on the general
list. the usual issue with releases is a lack of interested IPMCs not
active obstruction...

- robert