incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.0.1
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:58:10 GMT
On 11/17/06, Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet@worldonline.fr> wrote:
> The ServiceMix community voted on and has approved to release ServiceMix
> 3.0.1-incubating.
> We would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to
> publish the release.

+0 ATM

the first jar i check seemed to be missing from LICENSE. (need to
finish the RAT code that checks jar licenses. might take me a day or
two.) it must be tough getting the LICENSE.txt right for so many jars
:-/

a few missing headers needing clarification

-- questions --

RAT: following have no license headers:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.0.1/servicemix-core/src/test/components/logger-component-1.0-exploded.jar/jbi.xsd
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.0.1/servicemix-core/src/test/components/logger-component-1.0-exploded.jar/service.xsd
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.0.1/geronimo/geronimo-plugins.xml

is there a reason for this or is this just an oversight?

-- issues --

activation-1.1.jar is CDDL'd but isn't included in LICENSE.txt (may be
more but i'd need to finish writing RAT jar checking code)

-- comments  (not requirements) --

--- notes and suggestions  (not requirements) ---

there are a lot of poms with missing license headers in the source
release. this is a maven bug
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-180. this results in these
files being stripped of license information before the tag is cut.

both source and binary distributions unpack to the same directory. i
personally prefer each distribution type to unpack to a different
directory but the overlay style is ok provided that care is taken in
the arrangement of the contents.

i strongly recommend adding RELEASE_NOTES. these are an important form
of guerrilla advertising. yes, tools like maven can generate lots of
documentation about the release but this doesn't replace a
RELEASE_NOTES explaining the project, inviting people to get involved
and inducating where other information can be found.

- robert