incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.0.1
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:10:39 GMT
> robert burrell donkin wrote:

> >> I chatted with Brett about it a few days ago, and he said the problem is
> >> a bug in JDOM. Sometimes it preserves the bits before the root element
> >> and sometimes it doesn't. It has to do with whitespace AFAIK.
> >

> > if it a bug then we'll have to put up with it until it's fixed
>
> Just want to confirm - does this mean you're ok with doing a release
> with this issue outstanding?  We're working on a CXF release right now
> too and have this same problem. :-\

it's not a victimless issue: missing license header makes it more
difficult for folks downstream. it more difficult to track down
provenance in years to come. so, i'd like it fixed.

but it's not an active legal issue providing that the sources have
headers and are of known provenance. so providing i know the reason
and that people are trying to fix it, i'm willing to ignore poms that
are stripped of their headers by this bug.

of course, i can't speak for anyone else...

please add a note to the release vote about the poms if it's not fixed by then

(maybe we need to move towards RDF whatnot to record license meta-data
for files without headers)

- robert