incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: non-existant private list
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:19:41 GMT
On 11/20/06, Jeremy Hughes <hughesj@apache.org> wrote:
> The incubator info file [1] has a list of the ppmc / private mailing
> lists. Except we don't have a ppmc list for the Woden podling and when
> I tried out the woden-private list qmail told me:
>
> <woden-private@incubator.apache.org>:
> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
>
> Should each podling have a ppmc list? In Woden we've been using
> woden-dev for everything.

that's good: as much business as possible should be conducted on public lists

the private list should only be used for confidential matters. so it
shouldn't be used often.

it's probably a good idea to set one up before graduation. see
http://www.apache.org/dev for information on setting up mailing lists.

- robert