incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:00:59 GMT
> The file is in the persistence-api component.
>
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish/persistence-
> api/schemas/persistence_1_0.xsd?view=markup
>
> The xsd file in question is licensed under the terms of the CDDL
> license under which we already distribute the persistence jar file.
>
> http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/GlassFishCodeDependencies
>
> I think we're good to go with this file. The only thing to consider
> is if we need to update the LICENSE file to call out that this file
> is associated with this license.

yes please

(this is neat illustration of the reason why the LICENSE file contains
this information: it's hard enough to work out now. five years down
the line, it would probably take considerable effort to track this
information down. apache releases are long lived and licensing
questions occasionally crop up about code that is over five years
old.)

thanks for tracking this one down

- robert