incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] OFBiz Test Snapshot Release: 4.0.0 TS5
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 10:52:16 GMT
On 11/2/06, David E Jones <jonesde@undersunconsulting.com> wrote:

> The OFBiz podling (PPMC and community) has reached a consensus
> internally approving the 4.0.0 TS5 test snapshot release. We are now
> requesting a vote for review and approval from the general Incubator
> group and the Incubator PMC.

+0 ATM (i have a couple of questions)

important notes
------------------

(please read but IMHO action is not required for this release)

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk/applications/pos/dtd/jcl.dtd
is CPL'd. note that under this draft
http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html distribution would not be
allowed. this is draft policy ATM. may need to either create a clean
room implementation or raise issue on legal-discuss.

queries
---------

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk/framework/workflow/dtd/xpdl.dtd
may not be under an open source compatible license (note that
modification is not explicitly allowed but all rights are not
restricted). standard DTDs are a difficult subject: many licenses used
are not open source compatible. may need to ask on legal. i think that
a clean room implementation of the DTD from the specification under
the apache license (if that is possible) may be easier and quicker
than untangling the legal issues. same goes for
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk/framework/workflow/dtd/xpdl.xsd
and http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk/framework/shark/dtd/TC-1025_schema_10_xpdl.xsd

would this be possible?

ofbiz.jar does not contain LICENSE and NOTICE in it's META-INF. so
this jar cannot be distributed as a bare artifact. for example, this
means that it cannot be distributed through the maven repository.

do you intend to ban distribution by maven?

- robert